Monday, April 6, 2015

E is for : Ecuador

Last summer, I had the opportunity to go on a missions trip to Ecuador. We did a variety of things during that week, and we had a wonderful time. One part of the trip though will forever be etched in my mind and on my heart. We drove to a little countryside town with people who had welcoming smiles and giving hands but poor ways of living and empty hearts. They needed Jesus.

I will never forget the day, that I was standing in a muddy field with the rain pouring down....overlooking the mountains and valleys of the town. There I stood, with a woman who didn't have much but wanted to hear how Jesus would be all that she would need. As the raindrops ran down my face, so did the tears...watching her pray and accept Jesus as her very own personal Savior. It was in that moment that I realized that I probably would never see her again on earth, but I would see her in Heaven. I learned a lot that day. I learned that my wants are hardly ever my needs. I learned that I what I have, some people pray for those things everyday. I was reminded that Jesus is all I need. I learned that my heart needs more compassion for people.

That week, God opened my eyes and softened my heart. Some days I feel like what I do doesn't matter. Some days I feel like my days are the same thing day in and day out. But it was in that week that God reminded me that what I do everyday IS important and those things DO matter because He has CALLED me to me a mom. Those little things that go unnoticed, and those diaper changes, and song after song, and load of laundry after load of laundry....it does matter. God notices and He appreciates and loves me.




1 comment:

  1. My wife is from Ecuador. We went to visit a couple years ago and it was a wonderful experience. Beautiful country with some very nice people.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete