Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A is for: Adoption

I could not think of a better word to write about than something that is a huge part of my story. Adoption. Adoption is a journey. Adoption involves roller coaster emotions and is definitely not for the faint of heart. When I look at my two kids, I remember what they survived. I remember that God saved them so I could be their mommy. My children are 4 and 3 and they are just now starting to become interested in their adoption story. I have had some pretty neat conversations with them in the past week. The fact that they are adopted has never been a secret and it has never been something that we were afraid to talk to them about. When I think about their stories, it brings tears to my eyes. Out of all the women in the world....God picked ME, an ordinary person living in flat-land Indiana, to be their mom. What a privilege! Some days are long and some days I want to pull my hair out, but at the end of the day, when we are saying our goodnight prayers and singing our bedtime songs, and their hand reaches for mine or their puckered lips kiss me goodnight, it makes all the tough times worth it.

Adoption is the perfect picture of what Christ did for me and for you. I cannot imagine where I would be without Him. I can't imagine what kind of life I would be living. But, His love was so great for me that He saved me from a life that could have been nothing short of a disaster. For that, I am thankful.

"Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still MIRACULOUSLY my own. Never forget for a single minute: you didn't grow under my heart but in it."




2 comments:

  1. Sweet post. I have heard adoption is not for the weak of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! I think it is wonderful that your children are learning their adoption story so early on. It takes a special mom to adopt - kudos to you!

    Brooke Blogs

    ReplyDelete