Monday, April 7, 2014

F is for FAVORITES

Earlier in this challenge, I was able to write a whole post about things that annoy and bother me. I figured since you all probably think I am this stuck up, snotty person who doesn't put up with squat....I should write a post about things that bring me great joy. I think my list for my favorite things could go on and on and on, but here are just some of the things that bring a smile to my face, whether big or small.

  1. My husband
  2. My children
  3. Family
  4. Seeing my phone light up with a text message
  5. Getting an email from a long lost friend
  6. Getting a handwritten letter in the mail from someone special
  7. Animals
  8. A home cooked meal
  9. Perfecting Jello with no "rubber"
  10. Perfecting rice crispy treats with just enough "marshmallowiness"
  11. Hearing my children laugh their heartiest belly laugh
  12. Keeping up with people on Facebook
  13. A nice, hot bubble bath with Mr. Bubble, candles, and music
  14. KLove radio station
  15. Hearing the perfect song at the moment you need it most
  16. Pretzel Jello dessert
  17. Freshly washed flannel sheets
  18. My down pillow
  19. A good, loud, sneeze
  20. A rainy day, cuddled with my kids watching a Disney movie
  21. Seeing a rainbow
  22. Tanning in a tanning bed
  23. Grape bubble gum
  24. Popping bubble wrap
  25. A good hair day
  26. The smell of a new book
  27. Painted nails
  28. Peace and quiet
  29. Lines in the carpet after vacuuming 
  30. The book of Psalms in the Bible
  31. Getting birthday cards in the mail
  32. A long, hot shower
  33. The show...Parenthood
  34. Getting unexpected checks in the mail
  35. Primitive decor
  36. Disney World
  37. Sand between my toes
  38. The smell of chlorine on a bathing suit
  39. A freshly washed hoodie
  40. Camping
  41. Bonfires
  42. The words cloud and fluff
  43. A new outfit
  44. A big hug
  45. Dates with my hubby
  46. Going somewhere by myself for a couple days to just relax and do whatever I want on my time :)
  47. Paying off a debt
  48. Carmex
  49. Vacations
I am sure more will come to mind after I finish this post, but these are most of my obvious ones. Finding pleasure in the simplest things in life is a gift. I challenge you to write out your "favorites." So...what are they? Share some!

2 comments:

  1. what a fabulous list!
    tanning bed made me laugh, but i can see it being relaxing
    and Disney was my fave! yay!

    happy g day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I agree with #15. #26. So many good things...

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete