Wednesday, April 16, 2014

N is for NAILS

NAIL
noun
noun: nail; plural noun: nails
1.

a small metal spike with a broadened flat head, driven typically into wood with a hammer to join things together or to serve as a peg or hook.




When we moved into the house we are in now, there were nail holes everywhere. We patched some, but we also hung pictures, signs, etc in some of the same places. Tonight, as I think about this weekends activities for Easter, I also think about nails. Not the nails in my walls, but the nails that nailed my Savior to a tree. My sin put Him there. He loved me, He loved you so much that He would die for us. Those nails made a difference in my life. Those nails were the pathway for me and you to Heaven. BUT, those nails in his hand and feet....those nails did not keep Him on that tree. He rose three days later. Those nails hung my Savior. Those bloody nails represent love, hope, and Heaven. I hope and pray that this Easter, in the midst of all the food, egg hunts, and time with family and friends...you pause and reflect on why we even celebrate Easter. If you haven't already, I pray that you experience the same hope those nails have given me.







No comments:

Post a Comment