Tuesday, April 8, 2014

G is for GOODNESS

I am kind of in a daze right now. My head is pounding, my nose is stuffy, my throat is scratchy, and I have a little boy who is coughing continuously in his crib losing sleep. This is week #2 of sickness in our home. I am tired, I am worn out, I am frustrated. I absolutely LOVE being a mommy. There is nothing greater. But, I am simply tired of wiping snotty noses, changing yucky anti-biotic poopy diapers, hearing my kids cough terrible coughs, etc. I am ready for all the sickness to leave. Am I whiny? Yes I am, unfortunately. Today I was reminded that there is always someone with worse problems than yourself. As I heard the story of a grandmother losing her twin grandbabies, I was reminded that I may feel miserable, but I am alive and facing another day. I was reminded that my kids may be hackin' and coughin', but they are alive and still bring this momma joy.

I then began to think about the many people in my life whether it be friends or family, that are going through tough seasons in life. Loss of job, loss of loved ones, Cancer, disease, prodigal child, divorce, etc. God brought this verse to me and I thought it was very fitting for this blog post....


Psalm 27:13
"Yet I am confident I will see the LORD's goodness while I am here in the land of the living."

Whatever you may be facing today, tomorrow, or next week....God isn't going to leave you in that dry valley. I promise. Time and time again, I can go back and revisit all those times that I was in the lowest of valley's and God led me to the highest of mountain tops. You learn and lean on God in those times in the valley's. You may not feel like God is good right now. You may feel defeated, bitter, doubtful, or simply just mad at God. Hang in there friend. I promise that you won't be in this valley forever. Soon, you will be able to look down at this valley from your mountaintop. You may be in your valley, but you WILL see the goodness of the Lord again. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment